This week flew by. I'm not sure why that is the case, but all of a sudden it's Friday and I totally wasn't expecting it. Not complaining though. This week I have had my best and worst moments with my crew thus far. Yesterday three of my kids got lost trying to meet up with the crew. I was so nervous that I yelled at them when they got back (something I always HATED when my mother did to me-getting mad at something you have no control over). It wasn't there fault they got lost - but my anxiety got the best of me. They accepted my apology but I need to watch it... that's not cool. My best moment this week was two-fold; there was the selfishness of wanting to be liked (my student wrote in her journal that she really likes me) but she was writing about me because wqas going through a tough time last week and when she finally opened up to me, I was able to empathize because I had been through a similar situation. I was really excited that my negative experience was turned into a positive thing by sharing it with her.
I'm looking forward to next week and not just because we have two days off, but we are going to PS 1 on Friday and I think my kids are really going to enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment